Friday, February 1, 2013

Huzzah!


I just made seven months of car payments in one month.  And it's the first day of the month, too.  I'm hoping I can send even more before February is over.  The more money I send to the finance company, the closer I am to reaching my goal of paying off my car by my 29th birthday in June.

I keep wrestling with the idea of getting a second job. I 'm just not sure... If I lived in the same city as That Guy or if we were married I'd do it, because then I could see him in the evenings or whenever he and I were both home.  But I don't know if it'd be great for our relationship right now to have that kind of separation.  Not that I'm saying we'd break up or anything  if I picked up a second job.  Nothing like that.  He's SO supportive of my sprint towards financial freedom (having given me the inspiration to begin with).  I guess, truthfully, I don't want to give up that time with him. 

I guess these are the problems you want to have, right?  *L*

My life should be car payment-free around the time I move at the end of June, too, which means I should be able to start socking money away into savings.  That Guy and I are going to have to pay for our own wedding after we're engaged, so I want to try to get a head start on that as soon as I can.  I'm not a princess -- as a matter of fact, I will probably be a huge grouch throughout the wedding planning process.  I need to start praying on that. --but I want our wedding to be simple and elegant.  We'll have a really tight budget, but it's important to both of us not to go into debt for any of it: the ring, the wedding, or the honeymoon.  The way I look at it, I'd rather go small, significant, and paid for now, and, later on, when we've been married five or ten or fifteen years, and we have no more debt (other than a house, hopefully), we spend two weeks in Paris or Rome.  (Or both.)  I almost said, "And he can buy me a huge rock," because that seems like the other obvious "upgrade," but I'm not a "rock" sort of person anyway, and I think I'd probably hate to give up the ring he proposed to me with.  The rings I've pointed him towards when he asked for my opinion are all very modest.  (I think he was surprised I didn't want more diamonds and things.)  I have small, thin hands, so bling looks kind of ridiculous and gaudy on me.  Honestly, I'd be happy with no engagement ring, just a wedding band, but he insists.  I understand the reason.  It's an investment in me, he gets to ask me on one knee and be traditional and sweet.  I'm going to be embarrassed and cry and my ears will turn red and get really hot, and I'll cry a lot more.  *L* 

Speaking of moving (was I speaking of moving?  I think so.), even though I already know where I'm going, I couldn't help looking at the website of my old property manager.  The unit I used to rent is available, and I was SO tempted by it.  I loved that place.  It was built in 1902, it has wood floors and (non-functional) beautiful tiled fireplaces in both the living room and the bedroom.  *le sigh*  I keep saying if That Guy gets kidnapped by aliens and we don't get engaged and married I'll try to get back into the building.  All the units are really cool.  There are only four, and each one is different.  I think it's a converted boarding house.  Oh... Gosh, I miss that place so much.

I won't think about it.  I'm going to a good place for a good price that will help me get out of debt and pay for a wedding.  No regrets!  Make it happen!

I'm off to listen to more of The Dave Ramsey Show before I get to leave work.  It's sooooooo slllooooooowwwwwww today.  Blerg.

Later, gators.

No comments:

Post a Comment